Since 2011 (year when the term was used for the first time) everybody is talking about Industry 4.0. But what does it really consist of? At first, we have to say that 4.0 is just a word to describe the fourth industrial revolution, but what sets it apart from the previous ones?
Let’s make a little step back to see how the production is changed in the last centuries:
- 1760 –The First Industrial Revolution has begun with the use of steam power to mechanize the industrial production.
- 1870 – Second Industrial Revolution, the use of electricity in factories and the faster transfer of communications, people and goods thanks to the telegraph and the railroad had increased the productivity and the economic growth.
- 1970 – The Third Industrial Revolution is also known as the digital revolution. With the use of IT and electronic systems, the production process began to abrogate the need of human power
The Fourth Industrial Revolution, or Industry 4.0, consist in a fully automated and interconnected industrial production thanks to new digital technologies and the internet of the things. The main task of this new production technologies is to create collaboration between machines and operators, with also a special attention on the paradigms of sustainable energy.
How we are 4.0: EGOpro Safe MOVE
Our business is safety and our mission is to give our customers always new smart and technological solutions to make safer the workplace. Innovation is our favourite keyword, but which are the features that make us 4.0?
- Interconnection: the system interconnects through the company network (Wi-Fi or router) by sending the data collected in the field and through remote control it can manage the configurations of the system and the forklift.
- Interaction: the system provides the elements to carry out automatic interventions on the forklift. The system is based on an on-board computer (CPU) which is installed on the forklift and which manages the alarms by automatically acting on the vehicle itself (slows down) and communication with the operator via the display.
- Information transparency: the system is all configurable from the touch screen display, via password, through a simple and intuitive interface between man and machine.